Friday, November 23, 2012

What do I know about blogging?

Most people would be somewhat surprised at my answer when they learn about my education, professional career and experience. I am almost retired, i.e. I have officially retired but still work part time. In 2004 I retired after 38 years as an aerospace accountant which means I made the change in the '80s from mostly manual accounting process to personal computers (386, 486). I was there when Microsoft came out with Windows and Excel replaced Lotus 1-2-3.

Jumping to current time, 2012, I have no experience in blogging, have never made a post, have read a few blogs but have not had a clear understanding what a blog is and how it is used. Are you surprised? For a person with my education and experience with one of the largest government contractors in the aerospace industry strangely my path never crossed with the development and growth of blogging.

Without bragging, I have been told by a number of my managers that I have good writing skills and I do in fact enjoy writing. Now that I am pursuing having my own website and blog, I am looking forward to using my writing skills and reaching my goal of mastering how to blog successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment