Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Adventures

Have you ever been afraid to try something new? 

I've been working as a hairstylist for the last 14 years.  A craft and skill that I will carry with me always.  Hairdressing has given me the opportunity to live and work abroad. I've traveled to amazing cities for education to further my craft.  Life long friends have been made and I've met truly inspiring people along the way.  However, it is time for a change.  In the last year or so I have incurred some injuries that make it very difficult to do my job.  Perhaps this has been my body's way of telling me what I've already known.  Somewhere along the way I've lost the passion and the drive to carry on with this amazing career.  I'm slowly dipping my toes into something new!  I've changed positions and I'm currently working at a great salon.  Instead of doing hair, I am working as the salon coordinator and social media expert.  There is only one problem.  I am totally new to social media!  How can I be in charge of something they know very little about?  The answer seems pretty simple.  Passion.  I have always had an strong interest in media.  What I've lacked is time to explore those options.  So here I am.  Trying to teach myself something new.  Blogging seems like a great first step as I will be creating one for the salon I work for. 
Thanks for reading.  I'm both excited and scared about this new endeavor.  Stay tuned, and I hope you enjoy following along with me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment