Monday, January 28, 2013

I Dream of a Blogger's Life

I consider myself a fairly decent writer.  In fact, writing for the most part comes natural to me.  Not always, but most times.  I've written news briefs for medical newsletters, annual report features for a medical college and even worked as beat reporter for a few TV stations in the U.S.  Boring, right? For me, blogging with be a creative outlet and one in which I can let my hair down and write with more freedom.

At age 50, I now want a life where I can share my interests and passions with you and anyone in the world who will listen.  I currently have a blog for a small marketing business I started a few years ago.  When I got my first comments my eyes lit up and got wide.  I felt like I was seeing a new child being born.  It was amazing.  I haven't studied blogging, but I've researched it and I'm always looking to learn from others.  So, here I am.  

I dream of a blogger's life and the freedom to speak your mind.  I want to spend my mornings writing blogs and my afternoons doing other things I love like swimming, jogging or walking my dog.  I dream of a life where I work in my PJs from the comfort of my apartment,which is what I'm doing now. 

Writing and engaging people around the world seems so unreal and I'm trying to figure out how to go for it and make a good living at it.  Blogging is more exciting (and scary) to me than any job I've had previously.  So, I'm seeking more knowledge to calm my fears and strengthen my skills.

I dream of writing blogs about travel, arts, design, starting and managing an urban farm, fashion, nutrition, or whatever.  From where I stand a blogger's world is like an oyster waiting to be cracked open to reveal a beautiful and rare pearl inside.  You can write on just about anything your heart desires.  To me, that's priceless.  

More about me? I've lived in the Southeast for more than 20 years but I'm a native Chicagoan who suddenly desires to move back home.  Even this winter's artic blast hasn't changed my mind.  How crazy is that?

I found your website during an internet search for blog writing courses and I wanted to give it a shot before deciding to go further.  Thanks for giving us a sample of what you teach.  Cheers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment